Sunday, April 30, 2017

Floor Covering

Andrew Kley and Andi Covault (Andrew is stationed at Ft. Sill near Lawton, OK) are also building the camper and relayed an idea to me for the floor.  I installed rubber foam interlocking tiles sold for gym floors and the like.  Installed today--here is the result:

I'm happy say I'm very pleased with it and glad Andy and Andi alerted me to the idea.  The painted floor looked good, but was very slippery and easily scratched.  This flooring has a little "give" to it, good traction, and will provide a bit more insulation.  Also very easy to install.  If you put down this type of flooring I see no reason to varnish or paint.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person! Checking out your blog, as I am trying to make the cut/fit for the bezel vent pieces! -Andi ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks also to you guys for telling me about the idea. The only downside is that I ordered 12 tiles and there were only ten in the box, even though the packing slip lists 12. So I have written the company and hope to receive the other two tiles soon.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your great vlog. I've just assembled a northern tool 8x5 aluminum trailer. Will pick up the kit in person and check out the CLC shop soon. It's guys like you who help us following. Thanks

      Delete